My Mac Apps » Menu Spot II
Menu Spot II is a simple but full-featured player for the Spotify® music streaming service that runs in your Mac's menu bar and has the following features:
- See the title and artist of whatever song or podcast is currently playing at all times (updates in the background)
- Removes extraneous title details - e.g., remaster, year, etc. to free up as much precious menu bar space as possible
- View album or podcast artwork right inside the menu bar
- See full details about the currently playing song or podcast, including its duration, its popularity among the Spotify user base, and more right from the keyboard
- Pause playback from the keyboard
- Restart playback of the last song or podcast from the keyboard
- Fast forward or rewind the current song or podcast from the keyboard
- Shuffle your music from the keyboard
- Copy the current Spotify URL to the clipboard
- Choose whether or not to show the album artwork
- Choose to use the artwork of the currently playing song or podcast as your desktop background
- Choose whether or not to close Spotify when exiting the program
- Works in Dark mode
- Runs on macOS Big Sur and Monterey
- Optionally mutes audio and video ads (for free-tier users)
- Fast and compact, no 30+ MB application
- A fully signed and notarized native application
- Free as in air pollution!
- No Ads!
NOTE: The code bases of the Intel and Apple Silicon versions of this program are the same, so the functionality between them is identical, however, you should use the Apple Silicon version if you have an M1 or M2-based Mac.
NOTE: This program is free but if you like it, encourage me to continue writing tools like this by buying me a cup of coffee!