Selected Projects » Menu Spot II
Menu Spot II is a simple but full-featured player for the Spotify® music streaming service that runs in your Mac's menu bar and has the following features:
- See the title and artist of whatever song or podcast is currently playing at all times (updates in the background)
- Removes extraneous title details - e.g., remaster, year, etc. to free up as much precious menu bar space as possible
- View album or podcast artwork right inside the menu bar
- See full details about the currently playing song or podcast, including its duration, its popularity among the Spotify user base, and more right from the keyboard
- Pause playback from the keyboard
- Restart playback of the last song or podcast from the keyboard
- Fast forward or rewind the current song or podcast from the keyboard
- Shuffle your music from the keyboard
- Mute and unmute Spotify from the keyboard
- Increase or decrease the system volume to "groove" to a specific song using keyboard hot keys
- Works in Dark mode
- Catalina and Big Sur-friendly
- Fast and compact, no 30+ MB application
- A fully signed and notarized native application
- Free as in air pollution!
- And more...
NOTE: I have tested this program on my personal machines running both Catalina and Big Sur and it seems to work fine. Your mileage may vary, however, since I can't possibly test every system configuration.