Selected Projects » Menu Spot II
Menu Spot II is a simple but full-featured player for the Spotify® music streaming service that runs in your Mac's menu bar and has the following features:
- See the title and artist of whatever song or podcast is currently playing at all times (updates in the background)
- Removes extraneous title details - e.g., remaster, year, etc. to free up as much precious menu bar space as possible
- View album or podcast artwork right inside the menu bar
- See full details about the currently playing song or podcast, including its duration, its popularity among the Spotify user base, and more right from the keyboard
- Pause playback from the keyboard
- Restart playback of the last song or podcast from the keyboard
- Fast forward or rewind the current song or podcast from the keyboard
- Shuffle your music from the keyboard
- Copy the current Spotify URL to the clipboard
- Mute and unmute Spotify from the keyboard
- Increase or decrease the system volume to "groove" to a specific song using keyboard hot keys
- Choose whether or not to show the album artwork
- Choose to use the artwork of the currently playing song or podcast as your desktop background
- Choose whether or not to close Spotify when exiting the program
- Works in Dark mode
- macOS Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey friendly
- Optionally mutes audio and video ads
- Fast and compact, no 30+ MB application
- A fully signed and notarized native application
- Free as in air pollution!
- No Ads!
NOTE: This program is free but if you like it, encourage me to continue writing tools like this by buying me a cup of coffee!