Selected Projects » MicMüter
MicMüter is a very simple app that runs in your menu bar that lets you toggle your Mac’s built-in microphone on and off — effectively making it a microphone kill switch. In a world where many of us spend much of our time video conferencing, this can be really useful if you need to mute yourself quickly.
- Use a global hot key to quickly toggle your Mac’s microphone on and off (accessible from any app)
- Define a custom global hot key
- Choose to also display your microphone's status in a clickable, floating window with or without transparency
- Set the input level for your microphone when un-muted
- Choose whether or not to play an audible confirmation, including using Text-to-Speech
- Choose whether or not to run MicMüter each time your Mac starts up
- A signed and notarized native application
- Very lightweight and uses minimal system resources
- It’s free. Similar tools cost money!
NOTE: This program is free but if you like it, encourage me to continue writing tools like this by buying me a cup of coffee!