Selected Projects » Upper Volta
Upper Volta is an enhanced replacement for macOS' built-in battery status indicator and supports the following functionality:
- Displays the percent of battery charge, the remaining time left on the current battery charge, or the time remaining until the battery is fully charged
- Toggle between a percent view of the battery charge or a time-based view using a user-defined global keyboard shortcut
- See whether the Mac is connected to a power adapter or running on battery
- See the number of battery cycles (charge cycles) used by your Mac’s battery
- See the condition and health of your battery (e.g., normal or needs servicing)
- Shows a battery indicator that adjusts dynamically based on whether your Mac is running on battery, is connected to a power source, is charging, or is fully charged; it will also provide visual indicators as the battery charge drains
- Choose to hide the battery indicator icon to free up menu bar space
- Choose to hide time-based status information to free up menu bar space
- Choose whether or not to run Upper Volta each time your Mac starts up
- Very lightweight and uses minimal system resources
- Runs on macOS Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey
- It’s free. Similar tools cost money!
NOTE: This program is free but if you like it, encourage me to continue writing tools like this by buying me a cup of coffee!