My Mac Apps » Dusk
Dusk is a very simple app that runs in your menu bar and lets you quickly toggle between Light mode and Dark mode since even macOS' "Auto" setting may need to be overridden. Similarly, switching between Light and Dark mode typically requires several clicks and accessing System Preferences.
- Set a global hotkey to quickly toggle between Light mode and Dark mode (accessible from any app)
- Choose whether or not to play a sound when switching between Light and Dark mode
- Choose whether or not to run Dusk each time your Mac starts up
- Compatible with macOS Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey
- A fully signed and notarized native application
- Very lightweight and uses minimal system resources
- Free as in air pollution!
- No Ads!
NOTE: The code bases of the Intel and Apple Silicon versions of this program are the same, so the functionality between them is identical, however, you should use the Apple Silicon version if you have an M1 or M2-based Mac.
NOTE: This program is free but if you like it, encourage me to continue writing tools like this by buying me a cup of coffee!