My Mac Apps » Menupedia
Menupedia is a simple, on-demand Wikipedia browser app that runs in your Mac’s menu bar, so it’s always available and supports the following functionality:
- Access Wikipedia at any time using either the mouse or a keyboard shortcut
- Browse Wikipedia articles in English, German, French, and Spanish
- Print Wikipedia articles
- Open Wikipedia articles in your default browser
- Search for text inside specific Wikipedia articles
- Copy Wikipedia articles to your Mac's clipboard
- Optionally view random Wikipedia articles
- Choose whether to restore the last viewed Wikipedia article
- Choose whether to run Menupedia every time you login to your computer
- Works in macOS' Dark mode
- Fast and compact, no 30+ MB application
- Works on macOS Big Sur, Monterey, and Ventura
- A fully signed and notarized native application
- Free as in air pollution!
NOTE: The code bases of the Intel and Apple Silicon versions of this program are the same, so the functionality between them is identical, however, you should use the Apple Silicon version if you have an M1 or M2-based Mac.
NOTE: This program is free but if you like it, encourage me to continue writing tools like this by buying me a cup of coffee!