My Mac Apps » Web Wallpaper
Web Wallpaper is a simple macOS app that runs in your menu bar and lets you use websites as dynamic desktop wallpaper. For example, you could use your favorite HTML5 / CSS / WebGL demo, Google Trends, weather map, stock ticker, random scenery photos, or just about anything in between and use it as your Mac's desktop background. It offers the following functionality:
- Store up to 6 different URLs and easily switch between them with one click
- Temporarily pause using a keyboard shortcut or menu option to reduce resource utilization
- Optionally interact with the website
- Display the website on any of your attached displays
- Change the opacity of the website used as your background
- Automatically reload the defined website at a custom interval
- Can be disabled when running on battery power to reduce energy consumption
- Works in macOS' Dark mode
- Fast and compact
- Works on macOS Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey
- A fully signed and notarized native application
- Free as in air pollution!
- No Ads!
NOTE: The code bases of the Intel and Apple Silicon versions of this program are the same, so the functionality between them is identical, however, you should use the Apple Silicon version if you have an M1 or M2-based Mac.
NOTE: This program is free but if you like it, encourage me to continue writing tools like this by buying me a cup of coffee!